The AATA aims to provide quality support to their members!
All athletic trainers in Alaska who join the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) are automatically members of the Alaska Athletic Trainers’ Association (AATA).
AATA Annual Meeting 2018
This years annual meeting will be held in Anchorage, Alaska on April 15, 2018 at 1pm at the University of Alaska Anchorage. There will be guest presentations as well as our annual business meeting. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing education units
Continuing education units (CEUs) are required to maintain certification as an athletic trainer. The BOC requires 50 every 2 years, 10 which must be evidence based practice (EBP). There are several opportunities for continuing education within Alaska throughout the year, take a look!
The NATA career center is an excellent source for current job listings across the nation in all settings. You may search for a job or if you are looking to hire, you can post here as well! If you would like to post a job to the AATA website for an in-state hire, please contact us at email@example.com!
Other ways we advocate for YOU!
- Governmental Affairs/Advocacy: Our lobbyist is hard at work to make sure you retain Alaska state licensure and your ability to operate to your fullest potential.
- GET INVOLVED! We have committees that are always looking for new ideas and volunteers! Want to see a specific community/committee created? Reach out and let us know!
- Social Media: We have a Facebook page and twitter! Feel free to tag/tweet us with educational news or AT related stories from your settings!
- Quarterly Newsletters: We send out newsletters with information on current hot topics, position statements, AATA campaigns, CEUs, and more! Want to receive a letter but don't know how? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Annual Meetings: A great way to connect with other ATs in your setting/state and earn a few CEUs!